Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sharing, Living & Loving Together

My mom used to talk about stewardship a lot. It was something that I agreed with in theory and knew was right, but never had the discipline to really do. This has all changed now that I am truly in love with Jesus. I feel born again all over again. It all started a couple years ago when a real revival broke out in church and I saw people crave real meaningful, Christ - centered relationships. It was during these 2 years of soul searching and turn around that I saw what my heart always believed to be true. That real love doesn't have to calculate to care. It just comes natural, like breathing. Love became an action to many. And so as I was reading the scriptures tonight, I had flashbacks of the beginnings of the new life we live. The one where dreams are bigger and go further than what color you paint your base boards, or how much the government is taking from your paycheck. The dream of wanting to look back on your life and know that you lived as many breaths as you could not trying to fulfill your own desires or every whim, but that you may have actually helped someone else live.

2 Corinthians 8:10-15
Living Bible (TLB)
10 "I want to suggest that you finish what you started to do a year ago, for you were not only the first to propose this idea, but the first to begin doing something about it. 11 Having started the ball rolling so enthusiastically, you should carry this project through to completion just as gladly, giving whatever you can out of whatever you have. Let your enthusiastic idea at the start be equalled by your realistic action now. 12 If you are really eager to give, then it isn’t important how much you have to give. God wants you to give what you have, not what you haven’t. 13 Of course, I don’t mean that those who receive your gifts should have an easy time of it at your expense, 14 but you should divide with them. Right now you have plenty and can help them; then at some other time they can share with you when you need it. In this way, each will have as much as he needs. 15 Do you remember what the Scriptures say about this? “He that gathered much had nothing left over, and he that gathered little had enough.” So you also should share with those in need."

As I came to these scriptures tonight I was reminded of how we are to follow Christ's pattern. I have been blessed with so many real down-to-earth friends and family who are followers of Christ and who truly emulate what the picture of a whole, loving family ( the Kingdom Family,  the Bride of Christ which is the Church ) looks like.

We have had folks give us cars, let us live in their house, feed us, fill up our tanks, give us their kids toys, pass on clothes, and more. I just wanted to take a moment to praise God for putting such folks in my life. I never deserved any of it but know it was God all along showing me He cares; using these people as a vessel and I pray they are blessed ten fold in return.  I pray if Matt and I get opportunities to bless that we will be obedient and generous as so many examples in my life have been.

Meghan W.

No comments:

Post a Comment