Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Give Him Your Day Before It Even Begins

The days that I tend to dread (the random, unforseen issues of life that sneak up and try to wrap their bones fingers around my throat kind of days)......can have 2 outcomes.

1. If I give in to the overwhelming feeling of not knowing what to do and fuel the fire with words of doubt & worry: The outcome is nasty. It is life-draining. And it sucks the life out of those around me because misery loves company and it wants everyone else to worry with it.

2. If I take what I know to be true, AND in my acceptance of knowing there's only so much I can do, but that God is the Living River that never runs dry: The outcome is Hope. Thanksgiving. Dependence on Him. There has never been a time when I cried out to Jesus for help and He gave me a stone. Nope. He has always given me more than what I needed, quite frankly. Casting my cares upon Him really is the Truth of the matter.

He has shown me that life may not ever get easier, but that it is my learning to trust in Him that is what He wants.

I am His bride and He is my groom and after I said I Do, He has had to peel back layer upon layer of "issues" within me, so He can replace them with more of Him. How He loves me I won't understand fully until I see Him face to face. But this one thing I do know right now, when He said He wants to give us Life more abundantly....and on Earth as it is in Heaven.... (2 different scriptures),
I have found a hidden treasure in these messages: Life IS Him. He IS Life.

If two are madly in love...they are pursuing each other. They can't get enough of one another. This is an analogy of course because our relationship with the King is not that of a sensual romance novel.  The point is, when you seek Him in the day you will find Him. He was there waiting for you. When you go out at night and seek Him, you will find Him. He knew you were coming. When you want to start seeing Him in the lessor off folks, you will find Him. He'd always been there, waiting for you to respond. When you long to give and live every single breathing second to and for Him...you start seeing His omnipresence more and more. It is like a veil has been lifted and the scales on your eyes fall off one by one as you live and grow closer to Him each day. Oh how Glorious (not easy) it is when He answers the prayer of "Lord, let me see the world as you see it."

Meghan W.

No comments:

Post a Comment